1) What is your job title?
Here at Ashwoods, I am the Senior Electromagnetic Design Engineer
2) What does your job involve?
I design “the heart” of the electric machine – it is the whole electromagnetic system containing mainly a set of magnets and the windings – usually made of copper and ferromagnetic laminated cores. I also improve the current designs and support other engineers who manufacture and test the machines.
3) What’s your favourite thing about it?
The good agreement between my ideas and the final results.
4) How long have you worked for Ashwoods?
I have been working here for almost a year.
5) What do you do when not at work?
I run and cycle in the coastal woods
6) What car do you drive?
Black Nissan Qashqai.
7) What is your favourite drive?
The shortest 😊. I know many better things to do than driving – I like camping and hiking.
8) If you could go anywhere where would it be?
Probably the Siberian mountains and rivers. I was there twice in Chersky range
9) Tell us something we don’t know about you.
I was an Assistant Professor and lectured at Silesian University of Technology for almost 10 years. I had about 1000 students and I taught electrical machines-related subjects.
10) Do you have a favourite work colleague? If so who?
I don’t have any particular person, I cooperate with all mechanical engineers and support the sales team.
11) Why did you want to work at Ashwoods?
Ashwoods offered me a position as the main engineer in my field and I could undertake responsibility for my decisions too
13) Why did you choose Exeter to live?
I moved with work from Sheffield where I lived for 3 years.
14) What are you working on right now?
I’m working on the two new motors for our potential long-term customers. I also test the software which helps us to deliver the motor performance during the very early stages.